3 Slow Cooker recipes PERFECT For The Whole Family
Thursday, 2 September 2021
1. Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff
Prep time: 10 MINUTES. Cook time: 8 HOURS. Total time: 8 HOURS, 10 MINUTES.
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds stew meat
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste - (I used about 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms - (preferably fresh, not canned)
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes, - softened
- 4 tablespoons corn starch (or flour) + ½ cup beef stock
- 12 ounces short pasta noodles - cooked according to package instructions (egg noodles are traditionally served with stroganoff but penne, macaroni, or spiral all work well)
- Lightly grease your slow cooker, then add stew meat and sprinkle Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste over the top. Add mushrooms, beef broth, garlic, Dijon mustard, and worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir corn starch (or flour) into 1/2 cup beef broth and stir mixture into slow cooker. Add cream cheese and sour cream to slow cooker then cook another 20-30 minutes on high, stirring occasionally until cream cheese and sour cream are incorporated and sauce is thickened.
- Taste, add salt and pepper to your personal taste if needed, and stir in noodles. Serve immediately garnished with cracked black pepper and fresh thyme if desired.
Serve over spiral egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Calories: 773 kcal, Carbohydrates: 48 g, Protein: 70 g, Fat: 32 g, Saturated Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 215 mg, Sodium: 684 mg, Potassium: 1301 mg, Fibre: 2 g, Sugar: 5 g, Vitamin A: 640 IU, Vitamin C: 2 mg, Calcium: 161 mg, Iron: 7 mg
1. Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers
Prep time: 10 MINUTES. Cook time: 4 HOURS. Total time: 4 HOURS, 10 MINUTES.
- 6 Large Bell Peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup wild rice cooked (any kind of rice will work)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese divided
- 1/4 cup water to put on the bottom of the slow cooker
- Cut off each top of the peppers and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Combine ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Put water in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked throughout.
- About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining cheese and let it melt.
Calories: 315 kcal, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 65 mg, Sodium: 747 mg, Potassium: 799 mg, Fibre: 5 g, Sugar: 7 g, Vitamin A: 681 IU, Vitamin C: 104 mg, Calcium: 173 mg, Iron: 4 mg
1. Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
Prep time: 20 MINUTES. Cook time: 4 HOURS. Total time: 4 HOURS, 20 MINUTES.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 24 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil for serving if desired
- parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Add beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Form into 1 or 2 inch meatballs. This makes approx. 24 meatballs.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Broil meatballs on high until browned on each side. About 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker. Top with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with basil or parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.
Calories: 527 kcal, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 34 g, Fat: 36 g, Saturated Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 169 mg, Sodium: 520 mg, Potassium: 512 mg, Fibre: 1 g, Sugar: 2 g, Vitamin A: 345 IU, Vitamin C: 4 mg, Calcium: 174 mg, Iron: 4 mg