5 Summer Cocktails Perfect for Hot Weather
Tuesday, 24 August 2021
With summer drawing to an end and this weeks weather forecast looking promising, it may be your last time to entertain guests with your finest barbeque food and cocktails to compliment. We have put together 5 easy, refreshing summer cocktails for you to try next time your hosting -
1. Coconut Margarita
Who doesn't love a Margarita hey? Although coconut can act a bit like marmite in some households (you either love it or you hate it), one sip of this fruity cocktail will trick you into thinking you're sipping refreshing cocktails on a sunny beach.
- 3oz cream of coconut (not coconut milk or coconut cream)
- 2oz of Tequila
- 1oz orange liqueur (preferably cointreau)
- 1oz of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Honey (optional for garnish)
- Course sea salt (optional for garnish)
- Toasted coconut (optional for garnish)
- Additional lime slice (optional for garnish)
- Pour cream of coconut, tequila, triple sec and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice. Put the top on the shaker and shake vigorously for about 15-30 seconds.
- Spread the honey on a plate and the sea salt and toasted coconut on another plate. Dip the serving glass in honey and then in the sea salt and toasted coconut. Add ice to the glass and strain the shaken margarita into the glass. Garnish with a lime slice.
2. Mint Strawberry Moscow Mule
The most perfect summer cocktail made with vodka and ginger beer. Super easy and looks amazing!!
- Four strawberries, stem removed and cut in half
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 60ml of Vodka
- Juice of a lime
- 120ml (approx) of Ginger Beer
- Add strawberries and mint leaves to a glass and muddle till the strawberries are broken down into tiny pieces.
- Add ice, vodka, lime juice and top with ginger beer. Stir to mix well. Serve immediately..
2. Pineapple Mango Rum Punch
Inspired by the Caribbean, here's a cocktail that will give you complete tropical vibes.
- 3oz of Pineapple coconut juice
- 3oz of coconut rum (you can also use light or dark rum instead)
- 1oz of mango juice
- 1oz of orange juice
- Splash of grenadine
- Lime splices or an orange zest (optional for garnish)
- Edible flower (optional for garnish)
- Combine all juices (pineapple coconut, mango, and orange) and rum. Then stir/shake.
- Pour over ice and add a splash of grenadine for colour. The grenadine will fall to the bottom and give the drink a pretty ombre look.
- Add lime, orange zest, and edible flowers for garnish.
3. Pomegranate Mojito
Did you know, pomegranates are full of antioxidants? Surely that means they are good for us right?
- 8 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup of club soda
- fresh mint sprigs, lime wheels and pomegranate seeds (optional for garnish)
- In a shaker, muddle mint leaves with simple syrup and lime juice.
- Add rum and pomegranate juice. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain into 2 glasses filled with ice and top evenly with ¼ cup club soda each.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, lime wheels and fresh pomegranate arils, if desired.
5. Sparkling Limoncello Cocktail
A sparkling limoncello cocktail that's perfect for warm sunny days. It's sharp, juicy, so refreshing and made with only 3 simple ingredients and garnished with mint leaves and freshly cut lemon slices.
- 1 shot (1.3 fl oz/40ml) Limoncello
- 2 shots (2.7 fl oz/80ml) of sparkling lemon soda (Sanpellegrino if possible)
- 3.3 fl oz (100ml) of Prosecco
- 1-2 ice cubes
- 1 sprig of mint (optional for garnish)
- 1-2 slices of lemon (optional for garnish)
- Add 1 shot of Limoncello to a serving glass. Top with two shots of lemon soda and then top up with prosecco.
- Add ice cubes, garnishes and then serve.